Greetings! And, welcome to our Countryside Montessori School website. We are very pleased that you have decided to explore who we are, what we offer, and how we might be the school of choice for your child and family. Take your time visiting our web pages, and observing the nature and scope of our education community.
Founded in 1981 by Debbie and Marty Haugh, Countryside continues to build on a legacy of preparing students to become global thinkers and leaders in an increasingly diverse world. As a small closely-knit community of learners, we pride ourselves on our strong and intimate family atmosphere and the following:
- rigorous academics – preschool (15 months) – high school (18 years)
- long-term Montessori credentialed teachers
- multi-age classrooms
- individualized instruction and self-paced learning
- safe and nurturing environment
- commitment to environmental stewardship through our Erdkinder program
- summer camp and afterschool programs
- flexible programming to meet our students broad interests and academic needs in athletics, visual and performing arts, international travel, science and technology
- grace, courtesy, and peaceful problem solving
- community service
We value the uniqueness of every child and believe the Montessori philosophy and method of instruction serve as the cornerstone for the development of the whole child, 15 months through 18 years. Through active interaction with one’s environment, each child internalizes the learning of various concepts that build on one another and once concepts are mastered, the child experiences a strong sense of accomplishment and self-satisfaction. Each child is motivated to achieve based on his or her own interests, builds self-confidence and measures success against an internal standard of excellence that often exceeds the standards others may set.
Our students explore, experiment, excel, and inspire others to achieve their best. At the end of their high school years, they gain acceptance into one or more colleges of their choice and go on to lead in the fields of arts and culture, education, law, science, and technology. We invite you to visit with us to learn more. You may be very pleasantly surprised by what you find. So, enjoy our website and, then, plan to visit our campuses. We are… Countryside, and with lots of Mustang pride!
Wilhelmenia I. Rembert, Ph.D.
Head of School